HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Books: Little House on the Prairie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Books: Little House on the Prairie Empty
PostSubject: Books: Little House on the Prairie   Books: Little House on the Prairie EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 2:53 pm

This morning I watched my little dog turn around three times and settle down on his pillow by the window.

This always reminds me of the "Little House" books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, where the family dog always turns three circles before plopping down. That's a strong memory, about the only one I retain from these books, read to us in first grade at Lakeridge Elementary School by Mrs. Robichaud.  It would have been 1960, and likely her daily reads to the class is somewhat responsible for my continuing love of reading today. She was a big warm grandmotherly women we all loved, and she loved her students. I continued to visit her -- she lived just a block from the school -- all during elementary school. (Second grade was Mrs. Bennett, and she was a witch!)

After watching Desi, I decided I'd like to read them again, sixty-one years later.

Online didn't turn up much, but this being Friday, it's convenient to stop by Half Price Books on my way back from lunch, and yup, they had the complete set of nine books for $14.99.

Color me six again.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Books: Little House on the Prairie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books: Little House on the Prairie   Books: Little House on the Prairie EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Hmmm, I don’t remember so many passages about Pa reading bible passages every Sunday, his singing songs about “the darkies.”

Different times.
Back to top Go down

Books: Little House on the Prairie
Page 1 of 1