HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography Empty
PostSubject: Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography   Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 12:07 pm

As I mentioned elsewhere I’m reading Eric Idle’s book from 2018, which I bought on remainder.

It starts out promising enough, with tales of his miserable childhood and eventual hookup with the Pythons.

Then he gets famous. The second half of the book is non-stop name dropping of all the famous people he’s become fabulous friends with, and all their palace castles in France or Monte Carlo. It gets a bit much.

I had to rewatch The Rutles “All you Need is Cash” (made it halfway) and then found a performance of “Spamalot” on YouTube. Made it 1/3 of the way.

Comedy is such a delicate thing. Almost always ruined by success.
Back to top Go down
Lisa

Lisa

Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography   Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 7:38 am

In February of 2009, I went to the Fisher Theater to see Spamalot, with Richard Chamberlain.
It was incredibly wonderful.

However, it paled in contrast to the future joys that would be, since that was also the very night I made my first post at DU.   About 11:30 pm.

I'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down

Book: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography
Page 1 of 1