HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve Empty
PostSubject: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 9:18 am

1.  The Ever Given has been lodged sideways in the Suez canal since Tuesday.  Pictures of the wreck show the big bulbous nose buried deep in the sandbank.  There are up to 15 tugs trying to free the ship, because closure of the canal costs $6 billion per day.  But WHYYY are they pushing it sideways?  Why not pull the back of the ship (which does not appear to be grounded) away from the opposite bank and back the ship up?  What kind of idiots are on-site?

2.  Another idea which makes sense is to let a little additional water into the canal -- it has locks at both ends -- and help lift the boat.  The first article I've seen that mentions this -- in the headline -- doesn't mention it anywhere else in the article.  What kind of idiots work at that news service?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 6:40 am

Well, they Finally set the sucker free. Jesus, almost a week. I can't help but wonder what kind of morons were on the job.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 am

Oh, I see.  Woman driver.

Note for any fuss-budgets out there: this is humour.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 2:19 pm

But the story wasn't humor. It's one of those nasty pieces where if anyone complains the justification is "I was only joking". Got sick of them when it was the excuse of last resort for Trump's hate speech.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:15 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Oh, I see.  Woman driver.

Note for any fuss-budgets out there: this is humour.
Yeah, well, I parallel parked downtown twice this week, so neh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 6:02 am

Gosh, the only other person -- besides me -- that finds this hilarious is Captain Elselehdar. Where is everybody's sense of the absurd?
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Gosh, the only other person -- besides me -- that finds this hilarious is Captain Elselehdar.  Where is everybody's sense of the absurd?
Eh, it's more irony than actually funny. imo Honestly, blaming a woman for something a dude did is pretty par for the course.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:42 am

Trump ruined everybody's sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyTue May 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve EmptyTue May 04, 2021 6:07 pm

Sneakers and electronics, why is that amusing to you?

The dollar volume of what goes through the Suez every day was pretty jaw dropping though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve   Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Suez Canal: Two Part Peeve
Page 1 of 1