Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things We Like Empty
PostSubject: Things We Like   Things We Like EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 10:36 am

Things We Like R-641807-1372270006-1134.jpeg

It's the beginning of a new year, a time for rebirth, a time to put the miseries of 2020 behind us.  Hopefully 2021 will be a good year.

I decided to start of list of the GOOD things in my life, big and small, to remind myself how lucky I am, how much I have to be thankful for.  There aren't too many products in this world that are perfect the way they are, but there are a few and I appreciate them all the more for their rarity.

• My wife -- she's a good woman and more than I deserve
  • My daughter -- we got lucky she came out so well, considering who her father is
  • My stereo -- kicks MF ass
  • My computer -- still running error-free, no matter how hard I drive it
  • The sliding glass doors in my music room that have the levelors between the panes of glass -- what a great idea
  • My squirty toilet -- no words nec.
  • My TV -- still the best picture I've ever seen, no desire to trade it in for a newer one
  • My waffle iron -- great waffles every time
  • My iPhone 6 -- still works great, no desire to "up"grade
  • The concrete Buddha head out in the yard -- just sits there, reminding me to abide
  • My hot water tap -- tea, hot cocoa, hot apple cider every day without waiting
  • Our appliances -- when we had the house remodeled we saw & fell in love with GE "Signature" appliances, brushed gray.  Never seen them anywhere else, but they're still the best looking fridge, dishwasher, stove I've ever seen.  I hate stainless steel.  They show every fingerprint.
  • Our gray sink (to match the appliances).  We have no disposal (we're on septic) so I wanted just one big deep sink with no divisions.  Harder than shit to find, but finally found one -- in the same color & texture as the appliances.  It's still wonderful.
  • Our cabinet pulls.  It's a small thing (I know) but the aged metal look perfectly matches the appliances.  Again, we ran across them by accident and have never seen them again.  Good thing we bought extras.
  • Floor fans.  My SIL gave us two vertical floor fans when she installed AC, columnar things, very quiet, very efficient.  I use them a lot, even in winter (cos I like fresh air).
  • Our gas fireplace.  Use it every day in the winter.  Warms up the living room quickly, quietly, efficiently.  Problem free.
  • My headphones.  I spend about 10 hours/day under them and they're comfortable & sound great
  • Bamboo back scratcher.  Had one as a kid, went looking for another one a couple years ago.  Had a hard time finding -- but they're so simple, so perfect.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things We Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things We Like   Things We Like EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 1:42 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:

• Bamboo back scratcher.  Had one as a kid, went looking for another one a couple years ago.  Had a hard time finding -- but they're so simple, so perfect.

I've had the same bamboo back scratcher for about forty years. Perfection.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Things We Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things We Like   Things We Like EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Things We Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things We Like   Things We Like Empty

Back to top Go down

Things We Like
Page 1 of 1