HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: Strictly Analog

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Strictly Analog Empty
PostSubject: Book: Strictly Analog   Book: Strictly Analog EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Okay, I finally finished Strictly Analog by Richard Levesque. I didn't want to rush through it, I was enjoying it so much.

He's a writing professor at Fullerton College and this is his second self-published book. Don't be put off by that however, it's really quite well written. In fact, he contacted me asking for a review, since I've been reviewing on Amazon since like forever. Normally/often I don't respond because there's so much dreck out there, but this looked interesting and had good reviews already.

Deservedly so. The premise is, there's this old school private eye in near-future California who is prevented from using the near-ubiquitous wearable computer glasses (called "iys") because he lost an eye in the war. He specializes in barely-legal investigations for fringe clients (business card: "Strictly Analog") who do not want his investigations to attract the notice of the corporation that runs California, and presumably monitors all web traffic. This case involves the California secret police, and his daughter, and some other characters who are off the grid. Lots of good characterizations, some great tech, a rich plot and believable story line.

A pretty good read IOW.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Book: Strictly Analog   Book: Strictly Analog EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm a couple of chapters into the book and it certainly is entertaining. No doubt about that.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Book: Strictly Analog   Book: Strictly Analog EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:14 pm

I finished this book a few days ago, and, unfortunately, I have to say that I was very disappointed. It was going along okay until they got to the i. Then it became the Star Trek holodeck, ca. 1974. If you're going to base a book on a gimmick, make it your own gimmick - something new (or at least not forty years old).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book: Strictly Analog   Book: Strictly Analog Empty

Back to top Go down

Book: Strictly Analog
Page 1 of 1