Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm

I don't care for stout at all. I have had a few that were enjoyable as a one-time thing, but I try to stay away from it. I prefer light amber ales and pilsners when the weather is hot, but like a heartier, more flavorful beer when the weather cools off (if it ever cools off again, that is).

Jenni, I looked up Abita's web site. They have some really interesting brews on there. I would love to try the Andygator.

The only cherry wheat beer I could find with Google is Sam Adams and Hinterland. I can't even imagine what that would taste like.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Yes, I looked it's a Sam Adams. I would never have tried it but I get in a cherry mood come winter, for some reason. I also bought cherry salsa at the Mistletoe Marketplace. It's blatantly cherry, but its not a commercial cherry flavor it has the effect of a real cherry extract. With that slight bit of tart.

Abita makes some good ones. I haven't had the Purple Haze but it looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:50 am

"A slight bit of tart" sounds like a goal for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:41 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
"A slight bit of tart" sounds like a goal for all of us.
Agreed.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Just finished a bottle of Dogfish Head. Yeah, I know, gross name.

It's a brown ale and has a chocolate and vanilla taste, and finishes with a woody/smoky aftertaste. Really yummy. Kind of like a dessert (except for the 12% alcohol content - about the equivalent of three American lagers).
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Well, I finally got around to opening the beer (excuse me, barley wine) that started this thread.

God Damn, that's some yummy stuff. It has a slight coconut flavor and absolutely nothing unpleasant about it at all, which you normally expect with a high alcohol content (13.5%).

I'll have to stay away from this stuff; it's so mild and tasty that it would be no problem to chug down a bottle of it (and a bottle is 22 ounces).

Highly recommended! Give it a try - if you dare - and let us know what you think.
It is the best high-alcohol beer I have ever tasted.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:16 pm

You inspired me.

I thought I'd seen one of those Firestone beers in a recent grocery shopping trip so I went out to try to find it again. The one I found is not a Sucubus, but a Firestone Wookey Jack. It's thick and dark like a Guinness Stout (which I also bought).

It's bitter. Reminds me of green bark. Has a very acrid taste, like something organic and unripe. In fact it tastes very much like dirt and leaves and bugs crawling through the forest floor detritus.

That's not a very enticing description, sorry. But that's what it tastes like.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:24 pm

After half a glass it's getting better.

Slugs and snails have their own charm.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:27 pm

I read the description of Wookey Jack on Firestone's web site. Their description would make me expect exactly what you describe. Yech!

But don't let that stop you. If you ever run across the §ucaba, give it a try. It might be considered the opposite of Wookey Jack.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am

I think I'll use the last half of the bottle to make beer bread. Bitter dark beer is good in a beer bread mix.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Wow. A beer sandwich. I can't believe I never thought of that.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Black forest ham, some grey Poupon, lettuce & tomato. Top if off with a nice pale ale.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Pale ale is okay as long as it's not IPA. That stuff is crap! Crap, I tell you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sipping Beer - WTF?   Sipping Beer - WTF? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sipping Beer - WTF?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2