HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation Empty
PostSubject: Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation   Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 7:56 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
On Rachel tonite, Andrew Weissmann, one of the lead investigators on the Mueller probe. His new book "Where Law Ends: Inside The Mueller Investigation" comes out tomorrow and explains how Trump drew a red line at his finances, and Mueller agreed not to investigate DJT's extensive financial ties to Russian organized crime. The alternative would have led to DJT shutting down the investigation totally.
Book arrived yesterday and I'm about halfway through it. So far Weissmann has spent more time discussing his history of prosecuting NY organized crime and Enron than he has DJT. But it's well written and very readable.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation   Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 am

I don't often buy new political analysis books, especially if I already have a good idea from TV interviews what's inside them. But I made exceptions for this one, and for Peter Strzok's, because these two books I suspect will be shown by history to have hit the invisible nail on the invisible head with their invisible hammer.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation   Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 12:26 pm

Andrew Weissmann wrote:
Aside from Mueller, I came in for the greatest volume of personal attacks.  I did not know it at the time, but this was largely due to my position as the head of Team M [Manafort].  Hundreds of texts we discovered showed Manafort in close communication with Sean Hannity, the Fox News television personality. Once Manafort learned our investigation was homing in on him, he essentially conspired to wheel Hannity and the Fox News apparatus around like a cannon and pointed them straight at me and my team.

It strikes me that we have never before had an Administration with a public propaganda arm, a state-run politburo, a Pravda, whose purpose is disinformation and attacking perceived enemies.

Something will have to be done about that in the Biden Administration.  I recommend resurrection of the Fairness Doctrine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation   Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation Empty

Back to top Go down

Book: Where Law Ends - Inside The Mueller Investigation
Page 1 of 1