HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speaking of flavors...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Speaking of flavors... Empty
PostSubject: Speaking of flavors...   Speaking of flavors... EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 am

I just bought some ginger tea and have discovered that if you leave the bag steeping too long, it changes flavor CONSIDERABLY after about 2 minutes.  The first blush is subtle and delicate and very pleasant, but if you forget to remove the bag all of a sudden it turns nasty and brutish and acerbic.  Not just stronger, but an entirely different flavor palette.

Interesting.  Haven't experienced that before.

When I was in Amsterdam my host had some Dutch ginger tea that was superb.  I drank it all up.  Haven't been able to find anything similar in the states, and I've tried several.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of flavors...   Speaking of flavors... EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
When I was in Amsterdam my host had some Dutch ginger tea that was superb.  I drank it all up.  Haven't been able to find anything similar in the states, and I've tried several.
Freshness?

I know Americans refrigerate things too much and ship too far. Half of what we get is never fresh or at the right temp.

I broke down and now have a Nespresso right next to the Keurig. I'm addicted. I still love my cold brew but when it's winter the espresso is divine.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of flavors...   Speaking of flavors... EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Espresso is divine all year round (as long as you don't let it interfere with the beer in the summer).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of flavors...   Speaking of flavors... Empty

Back to top Go down

Speaking of flavors...
Page 1 of 1