HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Flavors That You Wouldn't Think Go Together -- But Do

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Flavors That You Wouldn't Think Go Together -- But Do   Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:48 pm

For Xmas one of our guests brought a salsa made with little grape tomatos -- and strawberries.

Strawberries in salsa?? It was DELICIOUS.

Just now I was dipping into the leftover garlic hummus, using the normal crackers & cheese. Then I decided I also wanted a couple of satsuma oranges. When I ran out of crackers I tried dipping one of the orange segments into the hummus. It was DELICIOUS -- the sweet wet cold orange perfectly complemented the dry slightly-smoky garbanzo-bean concoction. Hooda thunkit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flavors That You Wouldn't Think Go Together -- But Do   Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Name one thing - other than balut, which doesn't taste better with strawberries.

Come to think of it, the balut would probably have been much better with strawberries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Flavors That You Wouldn't Think Go Together -- But Do
Page 1 of 1