HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus   Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am

I don't know if he was known in America, but this one hurts me.

Goodies star Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus   Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 9:17 am

Not familiar.  Appears to be a "silly-costumes and sped-up footage" show along the lines of Benny Hill or early Monty Python.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus   Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Absurdist, like early Monty Python.
BBC wrote:
Brooke-Taylor's career spanned more than six decades and his comedic roots lay in the Cambridge Footlights Club, which he joined in 1960.

Membership of the Footlights brought him into contact with both Garden and Oddie as well as future Monty Python stars John Cleese and Graham Chapman.

Cleese paid tribute by saying: "Tim was one of my very oldest friends, and one that I used to love performing with. He did 'frightened' better than anyone...".

And another member of Monty Python, Eric Idle, revealed that his career was started in 1963 when he was auditioned by Brooke-Taylor for an annual comedy revue.

He was also very good on some radio shows, back in the days when we listened to radio for entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus   Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus
Page 1 of 1