HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playing Politics With The Coronavirus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Playing Politics With The Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:57 am

Democrats have been reluctant to politicize the pandemic by blaming Trump too openly for its virulent spread in the US, making us 4x more affected (and infected) than any other nation.

I think they will need to.  

Trump's supporters -- who remain supporters of Trump through every indignity thrown at them -- need to understand it didn't have to be this way.  When the second wave of deaths peaks just before the election, the Dems need to point out the science that argued against reopening too soon.  They need to pin the blame squarely on Trump and the Republican governors who have placed profits above lives.

There is ample footage of the president making an ass of himself.  "The virus will disappear like a miracle."  "We have 15 cases which soon will be going to zero."  When we have several hundred thousand dead, all they need to do is run these clips over and over and over again, with the tag line "Can we afford four more years of this idiot?"

I hope Tom Steyer and Mike Bloomberg follow through on their promise to fund anti-Trump ads in the Fall.  Frankly, I think we need to start running them now, to limit the damage.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 10:54 am

Ask yourself one simple question.

What POSSIBLE reason would Republicans have for wanting to make it illegal for employees to sue their employer for opening too soon?

Can you think of a SINGLE non-evil explanation?  I can't.

The National Review wrote:
State legislatures and Congress should act now to limit the threat of lawsuits so as to encourage economically and socially necessary activities that are bound to carry some risks. Doing so is a legitimate exercise of the power to make laws that allocate liability and decide what kinds of commerce, schooling, and public gatherings can proceed without government interference.
It sounds like The National Review is worried, not about coronavirus-infected employees suing, but about state and federal governments who must carry the burden of treatment suing.
The National Review wrote:
There is precedent for a legislative response to this problem. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act protects vaccine manufacturers from liability in order to encourage vaccine research, while providing a compensation system for people injured by vaccines. Gun manufacturers are protected from liability for shootings, on the basis of a legislative judgment that the blame for misuse of guns lies with the shooter. A variety of other laws offer safe harbors to protect businesses that comply with certain requirements or receive federal regulatory approvals. Some would object that this is government interference, but any lawsuit is government action; the only question is whether the rule of law being applied is made by a legislature or by a court.
Comparing the coronavirus to gun ownership is pretty evil, in my view.  The whole article is pretty jaw-dropping.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 12:40 pm

Quote :
The White House
Washington

Your Economic Impact Payment Has Arrived

My Fellow American:

Our great country is experiencing an unprecedented public health and economic challenge as a result of the global coronavirus pandemic.  Our top priority is your health and safety.  As we wage total war on this invisible enemy, we are also working around the clock to protect hardworking Americans like you from the consequences of the economic shutdown.

On March 27, 2020, Congress passed with overwhelming bipartisan support the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which I proudly signed into law.  I want to thank the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate for working so quickly with my Administration to fast-track this $2.2 trillion in much-needed economic relief to the American people.

This includes fast and direct economic assistance to you.

I am pleased to notify you that as provided by the CARES Act, you are receiving an Economic Impact Payment of $2400 by Direct Deposit. We hope this payment provides meaningful support to you during this period.

[signed]
President Donald J. Trump

There are SO MANY things wrong with this....
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus EmptySat May 02, 2020 9:50 am

Quote :
WASHINGTON ― As the House Democratic leadership keeps members away from Capitol Hill over coronavirus concerns, there’s mounting frustration that it’s also keeping members away from the negotiating table.

Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told Democrats on a conference call this week that members would return to Washington “when CARES 2 is ready,” referring to the latest bill Congress is preparing in response to coronavirus. The problem for some members is that drafting a bill and then bringing members back means leaving them out of the actual lawmaking process.

That problem is compounded by all the loose ends in the next piece of legislation. Democrats don’t have much of an idea as to what is actually going in the next bill, largely because it’ll be subject to negotiations between Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Doesn't a SINGLE FUCKING ONE of the House members have a youngster on their staff that knows how to initiate a Zoom session????
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus EmptySat May 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Playing Politics With The Coronavirus Maga-masks-e1586443258707
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing Politics With The Coronavirus   Playing Politics With The Coronavirus Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing Politics With The Coronavirus
Page 1 of 1