HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball" Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball"   R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball" EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 10:59 am

I'd gotten in the habit of always trying to watch Rachel Maddow, often trying to watch Chris Hayes, and always trying to avoid Chris Matthews.

It drove me crazy the way he'd ask his guest a question, then interrupt as they started to answer.  He'd badger them, repeat the question six different ways,  throw in his own commentary.... all while his guest, usually an expert brought in for their expertise, is forced to wait, often for minutes at a time, while Matthews howls along in his unhinged rant.

It was annoying as fuck.

I don't care about his sexist comments.  I don't care about his alleged sexual harassment or his settled harassment claims.  All of those are mild and non-malicious, and as Chris stated, come from growing up in a different era.
Laura Bassett wrote:
Compared to what Harvey Weinstein is accused of doing ― and Bill Cosby, and Bill O’Reilly, and the president, and all the men making headlines ― this is the kind of story that barely feels worth telling. This man didn’t sexually assault me, or masturbate in front of me, or text an unsolicited dick pic. He didn’t ask me to be his girlfriend or threaten to ruin my career if I didn’t sleep with him. He’s not my boss or manager. I’d have to consult a lawyer to figure out whether his remarks can even be considered sexual harassment, legally speaking. Maybe he’s just an asshole.

But his behavior affected me; it undermined my ability to do my job well. He treated me like a sex object.
Back when women LIKED being complimented on their looks.

So when Matthews suddenly resigned, on-air, minutes into Monday's "Hardball" and left the host chair unoccupied, I cheered.  Long past time, if you ask me!

I hope Joy Reid gets the permanent "Hardball" time slot, and renames it to something like "PM Joy" or "The Joy of Politics" or such.  She's smart, she's funny, and she's not an OWM.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball"   R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball" EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 11:20 am

Hell, I'd welcome a return of Keith Olbermann:
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball"   R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball" EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 1:42 pm

Chris Mathews always sounded wet. I hate the sound of his voice. And he is sexist as fuck, it showed up all the time in interviews. Good riddance. Keith Olbermann is awesome but I only ever talk to him re: shelter dogs and baseball now. I don't think he wants any part of corporate news right now. Maddow and Hayes need a bigger role. As does Lemon on CNN.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball"   R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball" Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Chris Matthews "Hardball"
Page 1 of 1