HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pamphlet: Signs of the Times

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Pamphlet: Signs of the Times Empty
PostSubject: Pamphlet: Signs of the Times   Pamphlet: Signs of the Times EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 1:03 pm

A former tenant of this house was a subscriber to this Seventh Day Adventist tract, which I usually discard without reading.  However this month's issue includes a cover article on evolution which I thought might be a fun read.  The author, Clifford Goldstein, talks about the difference between microevolution and macroevolution, and correctly states that the former is observable and proven.  He then states:
Quote :
And again, this kind of evolution [microevolution] is not debated.  Everyone believes that it happens because everyone can see that it happens.  But to argue that these small changes can lead to macroevolution is like arguing that just because the check engine light in your Honda Civic goes on, given enough time, the Civic will turn into a Boeing 747.

I confess, I've never thought about it this way before.  That's pretty unassailable logic right there!  Goldstein has convinced me!  The museums are full of fake bones!
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Pamphlet: Signs of the Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pamphlet: Signs of the Times   Pamphlet: Signs of the Times EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Absolutely. After all, just because you can walk one step, or even 1 mile, to say that therefore you can (given enough time) walk 1,000 miles is obviously ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

Pamphlet: Signs of the Times
Page 1 of 1