HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Bleeding Edge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

The Bleeding Edge Empty
PostSubject: The Bleeding Edge   The Bleeding Edge EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 am

The friend of mine in Hawaii with the big house was complaining about his new $35,000 CD player not working.  He has also complained about his hopped up Porsche 929 and his $500k recording studio, both of which are down more than they're up.

I begin to wonder why rich people put up with such unreliability.

This technology is known as "the bleeding edge" because it is so unreliable, and it's not like he hasn't experienced this before.  He's had a succession of unreliable cars, unreliable recording equipment, unreliable household appliances...  It like a badge of honor for him, or something, to be let down by technology.  He complains about it all the time -- then buys the next model up which is even worse, instead of learning his lesson and buying GE and Honda.

Howard, you worked on and owned exotic sports cars.  What's the psychology here?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

The Bleeding Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bleeding Edge   The Bleeding Edge EmptySat May 18, 2019 3:12 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Howard, you worked on and owned exotic sports cars.  What's the psychology here?

Yes I did and have, and that made me a mechanic, not a psychologist.
Back to top Go down

The Bleeding Edge
Page 1 of 1