HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Documentary: Leaving Neverland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Documentary: Leaving Neverland Empty
PostSubject: Documentary: Leaving Neverland   Documentary: Leaving Neverland EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 2:37 pm

Free HBO weekend so I'm watching the Michael Jackson thing.

Yeah, he was a freak. We all knew that. People who were surprised by his pedophilia just weren't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Documentary: Leaving Neverland   Documentary: Leaving Neverland EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 3:35 pm

The only problem I have with it is that both boys, Wade (7) and Jimmy (10), now describe it as sexual abuse and say "the abuse started" or "every night he abused me."

Yeah, they were under the age of legal consent.  But they were willing partners, in fact they both participated willingly, enthusiastically.  They both said they loved Michael Jackson, until sometime after he died. "Abuse" doesn't seem like the right word.

He took advantage of them.  He abused the trust their parents placed in him.

But it was not rape. Statutory rape yes, by statute, but not emotional rape. Deeply, deeply inappropriate. And justifiably illegal.

But "abuse" seems like the wrong word.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Documentary: Leaving Neverland   Documentary: Leaving Neverland EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 7:52 pm

The 2-part documentary, at 3 hrs 10 minutes, is about twice as long as it needed to be but it raised some salient points about Stockholm Syndrome and the self-blaming of child sexual abuse victims.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Documentary: Leaving Neverland   Documentary: Leaving Neverland Empty

Back to top Go down

Documentary: Leaving Neverland
Page 1 of 1