HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Conflicts of Interest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Conflicts of Interest Empty
PostSubject: Conflicts of Interest   Conflicts of Interest EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Quote :
“I’m not familiar with what is going to be the contents of the speech, or how it was put together,” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said at a briefing Tuesday. “He is there as a private citizen, and I don’t have any comment beyond that.”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders similarly said the trip is unrelated to government business. “My understanding is he is there in a personal capacity,” she said.

Critics of President Donald Trump’s ongoing ownership of his various branded businesses say the speech is a perfect example of the conflicts of interest he has created and that his family is taking advantage of.

“Don Jr. has continued to blur the lines between the Trump administration and the Trump Organization,” said Jordan Libowitz with Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a watchdog group. “He is touring Indian properties and selling off the opportunity to meet with him, while also delivering a speech on foreign policy at the same summit as the prime minister of India, all while under Secret Service protection on the taxpayer dime.
Hopefully Mueller will have something to say about this as well.
Back to top Go down

Conflicts of Interest
Page 1 of 1