SOTU

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SOTU              Empty
PostSubject: SOTU    SOTU              EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Trump just read his first SOTU speech before Congress, and most commentators are saying it was his best public speech ever.

Why hasn't a SINGLE ONE OF THEM mentioned he read it off a TelePrompTer?  It was a good speech because Trump did not write it, and mostly stuck to the written page.  It's so blindingly obvious (you could see his eyes scanning as he read it).  Why doesn't anyone on TV state the fucking obvious???  Now that he has staff to write his speeches, of course he sounds more presidential.

And the Democratic response?!?!  Instead of cutting him down for the obvious and glaring contradictions ("cut taxes" AND "increase infrastructure spending"?  "Increase American innovation" AND prevent foreigners from coming in?  Really??) -- instead of the OBVIOUS attack points, we get a former governor of Kentucky talking about himself.  FUCK THAT.  What is this, "Love Trump Month"?  

I want my election back.  Somebody opened the wrong envelope.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

SOTU              Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOTU    SOTU              EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:24 am

I managed to miss every moment of the speech and plan on not reading it. By the way, it was not a State of the Union address.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SOTU              Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOTU    SOTU              EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 am

I was a SOTU in all but name. After being in office only a month, it is thought a new president doesn't have enough experience to deliver a proper SOTU so they call it an "Address to Congress," but every other time in his term the president gives the same speech in the same venue, they call it a SOTU.

Democratic response? Here's the one we should have had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOTU              Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOTU    SOTU              Empty

Back to top Go down

SOTU
Page 1 of 1