HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: Gray Mountain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Gray Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Book: Gray Mountain   Book: Gray Mountain EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 6:17 pm

After starting, and stalling, about six books I pulled out a Goodwill purchase at the bottom of the pile, a fairly-recent (2014) book by John Grisham.

Grisham's legal thrillers are always immensely entertaining, fast reading, gripping, and entirely content free. This one starts out with the 2009 financial meltdown, which sends a furloughed lawyer to coal country to fight for environmental protections. She's an attractive single big city lawyer, her compatriot is an attractive divorced country boy.

I can see where this is going.
Back to top Go down
kilo

kilo

PostSubject: Re: Book: Gray Mountain   Book: Gray Mountain EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 5:53 am

Grisham...good books for a long bus ride. I did "The Racketeer" on my last trip back from NYC and it was actually quite a satisfying read.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: Gray Mountain   Book: Gray Mountain EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 am

Yeah, I finished it in two marathon reading sessions. It didn't end up EXACTLY where I was predicting, but close enough. Grisham has the ability to write gripping prose even when you know the plot ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book: Gray Mountain   Book: Gray Mountain Empty

Back to top Go down

Book: Gray Mountain
Page 1 of 1