HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Amanda Knox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Amanda Knox Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Amanda Knox   Movie: Amanda Knox EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 pm

This 2016 documentary examines the long (8 year) strange case of the Seattle girl accused of killing her roommate in Perugia Italy. Lots of real footage from the time of the crime, lots of news footage in the intervening years, interposed with recent interviews with Knox and her co-defendant and boyfriend of five days, Rafaela Sollicito. The prosecutor on the case, a self-aggrandizing buffoon who admits to loving TV crime dramas and who invented a dozen salacious theories for the press to ponder, never admits to the massive police errors in the case (which the Italian high court called "heinous.") The reporter who dutifully reported these outlandish sex-orgy-gone-wrong fantasies also never admits to complicity.

The documentary was very well done, thoughtful, beautifully photographed. At one point the camera is focused on dust motes in the air during the trial. Maybe this was photographed after the trial. Anyway it made a poignant point about the state of Italian justice in a small rural town with a blowhard prosecutor.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Amanda Knox   Movie: Amanda Knox EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 5:24 pm

I aim to see it this weekend. I always thought she was innocent but the more I read about it all the more I thought so.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Amanda Knox   Movie: Amanda Knox EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Jenni!!! Where ya been babe.

Yeah, the docu is a good afternoon's entertainment. Gorgeous photography.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Amanda Knox   Movie: Amanda Knox EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 11:37 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Jenni!!! Where ya been babe.

Yeah, the docu is a good afternoon's entertainment.  Gorgeous photography.
Meh. Existing.

Watching it now. I'm 42 minutes in and struck by two things:
1) The smugness of the prosecutor. Ick. Just ick. "A man would never think to do that." Um, yeah, a man would assuming the victim is someone he identifies with. It's like this guy has never read any of the science on false confessions- which you would think would be required for prosecuting a case where the defendant claims to have falsely confessed.

2) Not sure how much I'm going to think of journalists after this. Journalistic principles my arse. It's like journalists are the new KGB. It's considered good to protect the person who robs another human of their privacy and rights to be just left the fuck alone? Really?
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Amanda Knox   Movie: Amanda Knox Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Amanda Knox
Page 1 of 1