HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: The Body

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: The Body Empty
PostSubject: Movie: The Body   Movie: The Body EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 6:05 am

I have finally completed viewing "The Body," possibly THE WORST movie I have ever sat through. This 1970 British documentary is famous primarily for its soundtrack by Pink Floyd's Roger Waters & Ron Geesin, completed during the same time Floyd's "Atom Heart Mother" was being worked on.

The readily-available soundtrack is much better than the very rare movie (and for good reason, it turns out). It took me over a week to watch it, because my endurance is not so good anymore.

The movie has the sincerity of a scholastic health film. It consists of about six elements which are intercut randomly. There are scenes in a mental hospital, there's a room with a bunch of semi-dressed Brits discussing nothing, there is endoscopic camera footage of a camera traversing the alimentary canal, there is some cheeky footage of a couple making love (side boob, darkness, awkward fumbling), there is some footage from an old folks home (what is now called an assisted living facility), and there is footage of a birth. All of this is very grainy and clinical and over lit. There's no narrative arc, and Waters & Geesin's music is barely evident.

Oh, and there's a scene of some lava which appears twice, for no reason.
Back to top Go down

Movie: The Body
Page 1 of 1