HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date Empty
PostSubject: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 11:46 pm

I enjoyed the movie, way back when. And HBO has produced some good series. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:34 am

If it includes Anthony Hopkins, it can't be all bad.

Everything's Going Wrong in the New Westworld Trailer
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:21 pm

richard09 wrote:
If it includes Anthony Hopkins, it can't be all bad.

I hope you didn't bet any money on that.

They released it, but they may need to capture it and revise it.
The first episode was very disappointing. I'll give it one more episode, though, before giving up on it.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 2:00 pm

I thought a little disappointing, but not terrible. I'm certainly going to keep on with it.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 pm

They have given us enough hints as to where the program will go.

The have told us that the theme park is not the real reason for the androids. So will the culprit be an evil corporation or an evil government agency? Probably an evil corporation doing work for an evil government agency. This will enable the writers to thrill us with much conflict among upper management. Whoopee.

We can expect at least one of the human characters to actually be an android (and we are expected to be surprised by this). I select Bernard, the lead software engineer (I think that's what he is). It will turn out that he was created by Anthony Hopkins for the express purpose of giving the androids self-awareness.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 pm

‘Westworld’: How Video Games Inspired Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s New Sci-Fi Western Hybrid
Jonathon Nolan wrote:
But one of the exciting things here is being able to commit upfront to a big, big, big story. Our story is a really big one. It’s the story of the origin of a new species on this planet, and being able to tell that in chapters and commit to aggressive moves season-by-season that propel that story upwards and outwards and inwards.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Quote :
It’s the story of the origin of a new species on this planet,

That confirms my idea that there was a plan afoot to give the robots self-awareness.
How many times has this story line been done? Let me count the ways...
etc.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 3:00 pm

_Howard wrote:
We can expect at least one of the human characters to actually be an android (and we are expected to be surprised by this). I select Bernard, the lead software engineer (I think that's what he is).

God Damn! I was right. Bernard is an android. Hope I didn't spoil it for anyone, but I did wait for two more episodes after the revelation before posting this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date   HBO's Westworld Finally Gets a Release Date Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1