HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Westworld anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd

Todd

Westworld anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Westworld anyone?   Westworld anyone? EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 9:27 am

So, season 2 of Westworld starts next month. If you haven't seen this show, I highly recommend it, but you will need to watch season 1 before you get into season 2 or you'll definitely be lost.
Back to top Go down
https://indigoxix.wordpress.com/
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Westworld anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld anyone?   Westworld anyone? EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 pm

I watched season one and found the program to be very predictable and disappointing. I will watch the first episode of season two, but if it isn't a hell of a lot better that's as far as I will go.

I would rather watch the old Yul Brynner movie.
Back to top Go down
Todd

Todd

Westworld anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld anyone?   Westworld anyone? EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I don't see how it was predictable. I mean, other than the fact that you know the hosts are becoming more sentient and are eventually going to revolt (and who says some element of predictability is always a bad thing?) Still, the writing is very good, and I think the show does a good job of delving into the concept of consciousness and humanity, as all good explorations of AI do. I also think there is a lot of truth in how people would behave in such a place. I love how the show leaves it unclear who may or may not be a host, and the way it plays with the time frame.
Back to top Go down
https://indigoxix.wordpress.com/
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Westworld anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld anyone?   Westworld anyone? EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Most television programs have giveaway lines. This one was no different. For example, after Bernard had only a few seconds on screen, I concluded that he was a robot, just because of a couple of throw-away lines that had no connection to the story line or plot.

And I will admit that I have very little or no appreciation for stories based on the misuse of the phrase Artificial Intelligence. So I may be a little biased in commenting on Westworld.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Westworld anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld anyone?   Westworld anyone? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Okay. I watched 2-1/2 episodes of the second season. Then I deleted the rest of them. Worthless fucking program.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Westworld anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld anyone?   Westworld anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Westworld anyone?
Page 1 of 1