Hot Hot Hot

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Hot Hot   Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Vent windows completed, picked up, tested, & work better than anticipated.  When installed it's nearly impossible to see them -- the white Velcro blends in seamlessly with the white screen frame they're attached to.  Mrs NoCo came home and said, "Why do you have the air conditioner on while the window is wide open?"

I said, "Take a closer look."

Tests run with the A/C in the bedroom, my music room and the living room indicate that a difference of about 9-10º from the outside ambient is achievable.  Even at 10,000 BTU on max speed I can't seem to get more than that.

Next time we hit 104º the house will be at 94º instead of 98º.  Last week I had to move my chocolate chips and coconut oil to the fridge 'cause everything was melting at that temp.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Hot Hot Hot   Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Remember the toilet paper shortage of 2020?

Mrs. NoCo says nobody in town has any fans.  They're backordered for weeks. (We have several, but one of them, uh, wore out this week.)
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Hot Hot Hot   Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 7:31 pm

My sister stayed overnight, and drove home to Spokane this morning. Max temperature she encountered was 112 degrees going through Ritzville.

Just a year ago these kind of temperatures were unthinkable.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Hot Hot Hot   Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 7:15 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Remember the toilet paper shortage of 2020?

Mrs. NoCo says nobody in town has any fans.  They're backordered for weeks.  (We have several, but one of them, uh, wore out this week.)

Ace Hardware had fans today so I bought one.  The Chinese are amazing -- it's made of cheap plastic snap-together parts, but it puts out a fearsome wind and IT'S DEAD SILENT.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Hot Hot Hot   Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 11:49 am

Our heat wave in Seattle this past week topped out at 92°, warm but not too uncomfortable, despite what the national news has been saying. Twenty degrees cooler than in June -- which WAS uncomfortable.

I guess Portland got into triple digits but it's usually hotter there.

That may be the last blast of the summer -- days are getting shorter, nights are noticeably cooler (57°).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Hot Hot   Hot Hot Hot - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Hot Hot
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Science & Tech-
Jump to: