HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump Empty
PostSubject: 'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump   'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump   'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:44 pm

I do do Netflix. Will look for this.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: 'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump   'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Found, watched.  It was actually very good.

The premise of course, is this: Adolf Hitler wakes up in a park in 2014.  He can't figure out how he got there, or what happened to the years 1945-2014, but it turns out the park is on the site of his old Wolf's Lair bunker where he died.

He adjusts to 2014, with some difficulty, but he is sure he can gain power again.  With the help of a filmmaker/TV producer, he goes around the country asking Germans what's wrong with Germany.  For these scenes they used real Germans, not actors, and most of them did not recognize Hitler.  Their response to what was wrong with Germany was mostly "immigrants."  

Hitler says, "I can work with this."

He gets a TV show.  He writes a book.  Both are huge hits with people who can't tell if he's a comedian or if he's serious.  Some people think he's just what Germany needs.

His TV producer eventually figures out he's the REAL Hitler, and attempts to kill him.  Hitler tells him he was elected by the people, and the only way to kill him is to prevent elections.  He shoots Hitler and Hitler falls off a roof.  Then he reappears.  You cannot kill me, he says, because I am inside you, I am you.

A morality play within a morality play.  A TV show and movie and book within a movie (and book).

A lesson about democracy, and allowing the lowest emotions of man to control elections.

A lesson for 2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump   'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump Empty

Back to top Go down

'Look Who's Back': How a German Comedy About Hitler Predicted Donald Trump
Page 1 of 1