HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Why We Fight (2005)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Why We Fight (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Why We Fight (2005)   Movie: Why We Fight (2005) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 am

I've had this ten-year old documentary for at least a couple years but never gotten around to watching it.

One scene sums it up. First an investigative reporter says, "American people, who have a son or daughter that's going to be deployed in Iraq, maybe get shot at, maybe killed or maimed, they look at the cost-benefit [ratio] and they go, hmmm, I don't think that's good. But when politicians who understand contracts, future contracts, when they look at war they have a different cost-benefit analysis."

Then a different commentator says, "The defense budget is three-quarters of a trillion dollars. Profits went up last year well over 25%. I guarantee you when war becomes that profitable, we're going to see more of it."

Fact: the B2 stealth bomber has parts made in every state of the Union, so if the contract is ever challenged every senator and representative will vote in their district's economic interest.
Back to top Go down

Movie: Why We Fight (2005)
Page 1 of 1