HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dementia-Inclusive Series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Dementia-Inclusive Series Empty
PostSubject: Dementia-Inclusive Series   Dementia-Inclusive Series EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Just got a catalog in the mail from our local arts council, and they're running a series of programs this year "to create opportunities for individuals with memory loss, their family members and care partners to engage and experience joy through music, theatre and film."  They're offering a showing of Gene Kelly's 1952 "Singin' In The Rain," the 1924 silent film "Peter Pan" with live harp music accompaniment, and a sing-along for "Golden Era" songs of Doris Day, Tony Bennett, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole and others.*

What an interesting, and heartwarming, concept.  Ever heard of anything like that before?

* - They're also offering a sing-along of "Rocky Horror Picture Show," but they're not calling it "Dementia-Inclusive" for some reason.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Dementia-Inclusive Series   Dementia-Inclusive Series EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:50 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
* - They're also offering a sing-along of "Rocky Horror Picture Show," but they're not calling it "Dementia-Inclusive" for some reason.

Now this part I might enjoy? Do you dress up? Do you get to throw toast?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dementia-Inclusive Series   Dementia-Inclusive Series EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm sure I do not know sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dementia-Inclusive Series   Dementia-Inclusive Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Dementia-Inclusive Series
Page 1 of 1