HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where do the spiders get in?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Where do the spiders get in? Empty
PostSubject: Where do the spiders get in?   Where do the spiders get in? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:56 am

This time of year, we usually find one or two wolf spiders in our sinks and bathtubs in the morning.  They're harmless, but ugly -- and big (the size of a silver dollar).  Mrs NoCo and I happened to discuss this yesterday, and she always thought they climbed out of the drains.  I said no, they just climb along walls and countertops and occasionally fall into a basin with slippery sides and they can't get out.

The drain system is, by definition, sealed to the outside.

But that raises the question though: where do they get in?  I assume they come indoors to get out of the colder outside.  They could slip under the garage door or the side door to the garage.  Not the front door.  Not the sliding glass door to the deck.  And once they got in the garage, there's still no path to inside the house.

If they came in via the attic, I'm not sure how they get down into the living space.  Via the bathroom fan?  Assuming they move around in the ceilings and inside the walls, where do they exit to the living spaces?  It's not like we have a lot of holes in the walls. Our furnace ducts are sealed (or they'd better be!)

The more I think about it the more puzzling it becomes.

Where do the spiders get in? VKIKCK7K9K9QO05Q10EQZS1QRSUQAK4KUKRKPK0KDK4KVKWQJ05QJ0IKLS8KDKVQDKSKT0EQB09QA00K9K4KLSVQOK
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Where do the spiders get in?   Where do the spiders get in? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 am

Our spiders are smaller, but I always assumed they climbed out of the drains.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Where do the spiders get in?   Where do the spiders get in? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Young spiders are incredibly small. There are countless entries for them in the typical home.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Where do the spiders get in?   Where do the spiders get in? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Wolf spiders aren't really harmless. The venom isn't lethal, but if bitten you should definitely seek treatment. I still have a scar from a wolf spider bite that got so necrotic it took out a section of tissue about the size of a dime. It's been 12 years and you can still see the scar. Wolf spider bites are nasty and need medical treatment.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do the spiders get in?   Where do the spiders get in? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do the spiders get in?
Page 1 of 1