HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Amores Perres

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Amores Perres Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Amores Perres   Movie: Amores Perres EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 2:44 pm

...which means "love is a bitch" in English. Whoa. I've seen Amores Perres before too. Again, late at night. I remember it was a very powerful movie, typical Inarritu in that different stories interweave in ways which are not immediately obvious.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Amores Perres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie: Amores Perres   Movie: Amores Perres EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:06 pm

I take it back, the second half was unfamiliar to me.  I must have bailed on the first attempt.

Which I can certainly believe, given that the first half is all about dog fighting and it's pretty disgusting.  The second half has different subject matter, but it's not much easier to watch.

Like 21 Grams and Biutiful and No Country For Old Men (which is Cohen Brothers I know, but Javier Bardem is in it) this is a very well done movie that I probably should but won't ever watch again.  Again, perfectly believable and excellent acting but unpleasant stories and locales.  Entertainment value = 0.

At least, that's the way I see it here at Sunnybrook.
Back to top Go down

Movie: Amores Perres
Page 1 of 1