Movie: The Gift

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: The Gift Empty
PostSubject: Movie: The Gift   Movie: The Gift EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:31 pm

On a whim I went to a movie today.  "The Gift" has a plot I can't summarize without giving too much away, but suffice it to say, it's a psychological thriller with some very serious tension.  It's about a guy (Jason Bateman) and his wife who move to a new city, close to where he grew up.  There he meets a guy he went to school with.  The guy starts leaving them gifts.  

At first everything's benign and friendly, but soon stuff starts to take on other meanings, and hint at buried secrets, and pretty soon you're drawn into a thriller that frankly had me guessing until the very end.  It was actually very good.  Modern-day Hitchcock good.

Allison Tolman co-starred.  She was the deputy in the Fargo TV series.  At first I thought she was Lise Baastrup who starred in Hjordis; the two look very similar.  But one is Danish.

Jason Bateman was very good.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: The Gift   Movie: The Gift EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Hmm. I've got a DVD of a movie titled The Gift, but it's a completely different cast. Watched it once several years ago and remember nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: The Gift   Movie: The Gift EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Movie: The Gift Allison_tolman
Movie: The Gift Lise%20Baastrup_22x325
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: The Gift   Movie: The Gift Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: The Gift
Page 1 of 1