Movie: Self/Less

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Self/Less Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Self/Less   Movie: Self/Less EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:01 pm

After finishing my book about wack science I decided to reward myself for finishing the deck by going out to a movie about wack science.

Specifically, "Self/Less" about a rich guy (Ben Kingsley) who buys himself a new healthy body when cancer gets the old one. Somehow -- using two MRI machines side-by-side -- they are able to transfer rich guy's personality into dead guy's body.

Not a new premise by any means (Frankenstein, Man with Two Brains, Being John Malkovich, Face Off, dozens of others) but one with potentially interesting ramifications. Especially if the new body comes with some imbedded memories of its old self.

Ever watch a movie with an interesting premise, and realize halfway through it that the scriptwriters didn't really think through the whole thing? Ummm, yeah.

Has a nice twist at the end -- logically impossible, but a nice touch -- and there were a few too many car chases and gun fights for the central story -- but overall it was another fun summer movie with not too much upstairs.

Looks good in a bikini though.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Self/Less   Movie: Self/Less EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:45 am

"Seconds" is a 1966 film with the same plot. I knew I'd seen it before, just couldn't place it.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Self/Less   Movie: Self/Less EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:51 pm

The only one of those worth watching is "Being John Malkovich," which is a hoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Self/Less   Movie: Self/Less Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Self/Less
Page 1 of 1