HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis   Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 5:00 pm

1945 black & white movie by Marcel Carne, made during the later days of the Nazi occupation of France so it had to be all sorts of sneaky.

I confess, I'm a simple man. All the subterfuge and veiled references mostly fly way over my head and I'm happy to not get it.

Give me a movie about titties and beer.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis   Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 9:36 am

Sold today through Amazon for almost as much as I bought it for.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis   Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:59 am

"Children of Paradise" was one of about four movies I bought because they were Criterion editions, and looked interesting, and I'd never heard of them before.

All four turned out to be stinkers.

Or, at least, boring as fuck.

I shan't be doing that anymore.  When I said "titties and beer" I meant movies with some action, movies made since the 1960s, movies which I've heard of and/or have a connection with movies I've heard of.  

The Mrs likes to watch TCM and Turner plays a lot of black & white dramas from the 1930s and 1940s.  Most of them leave me dry.  Stage plays, with silly people saying silly things.  Somebody once said something like, "Great minds discuss concepts, mediocre minds discuss events and small minds discuss people."  That's the way I feel about most of these costume dramas -- silly little plays about what people say and think. Not interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis   Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Les Enfants du Paradis
Page 1 of 1