HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roll over, Frank Miller

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Roll over, Frank Miller Empty
PostSubject: Roll over, Frank Miller   Roll over, Frank Miller EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 am

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Roll over, Frank Miller   Roll over, Frank Miller EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:08 pm

What a disgusting screed from Miller. Love the way he threw in al-Qaeda when they had no place in the Occupy movement. Of course, I guess you can't expect too much from a man who creates comic books for a living.

Thanks for the link, Richard.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Roll over, Frank Miller   Roll over, Frank Miller EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:12 pm

I've avoided "300" (as well as "Gladiator," "Troy," Alexander," "Braveheart," "Spartacus," "Prince of Persia," "Clash of the Titans," "Thor," "Centurion," "Conan the Barbarian," and every other flick glorifying bloody warfare) so I am blissfully ignorant of the author Frank Miller. I plan to keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Roll over, Frank Miller   Roll over, Frank Miller EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 am

_Howard wrote:
Love the way he threw in al-Qaeda when they had no place in the Occupy movement.
That's the entire authoritarian "argument", from W onward. We're at war, so the first amendment, the fourth amendment, and habeas corpus are too inconvenient.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Roll over, Frank Miller   Roll over, Frank Miller EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

I loved 300. I've loved Conan for many years.
I don't give a rats ass what some Frank Miller says any more than I care about Katy Perry's views when I listen to California Girls. I don't go to image people and Hollywood for deep thoughts.
It's ironic the right bitches about Hollywood since it's one of their strongholds. Holywood has upheld the company line on everything from patriarchy to religion for decades. Look at Batman. What more pristine and perfect a vision of a capitalist could you ask for than Bruce Wayne? Watch what you like, enjoy it, but don't think of them as having any knowledge you don't have or that their opinion is worth any more than yours or the guy down the street.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll over, Frank Miller   Roll over, Frank Miller Empty

Back to top Go down

Roll over, Frank Miller
Page 1 of 1