HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers Empty
PostSubject: China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers   China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Maybe I'm nuts, but this sounds like a good idea to me. A funeral is one place where people definitely need cheering up, and a strip show would probably get the job done.

Quote :
The point of inviting strippers, some of whom performed with snakes, was to attract large crowds to the deceased’s funeral – seen as a harbinger of good fortune in the afterlife. “It’s to give them face,” one villager explained. “Otherwise no one would come.

CCTV found about a dozen funeral performance troupes offering such services in every village in the county, putting on as many as 20 shows a month at a rate of 2,000 yuan ($322) a pop.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers Empty
PostSubject: Re: China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers   China Says Please Stop Hiring Funeral Strippers EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Quote :
...the country’s funereal stripper scourge...
Shocked

Somehow I am unimpressed with the severity of this issue.

Seriously though, to me it's a symptom of the cheapness of life. Death is so not a big deal that it takes strippers to get people to the funeral. And the number of people matters. It's all so shallow and cheap to me. The funeral is not supposed to be about how many but rather about remembering the person and giving family and friends a chance to say goodbye. This seems to assist in neither.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1