HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

China and the moon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 4:01 pm

They are essentially trying to emulate an Apollo mission, but without people. I'm very interested to see if they can pull it off.

China’s lunar-sampling robot has landed on the Moon
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 6:58 am

The Chinese have discovered that Africans visited the moon long before us, and left 'mystery huts.'
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 5:58 am

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 11:07 am

I think better reporting would have reduced your snark.

Chinese Rover Spots Unusual Glass Beads on Far Side of the Moon
Quote :
That Yutu-2 stumbled upon glass is hardly special, as the stuff is strewn across much of the Moon’s surface. What makes these particular objects unique is their large size and translucent nature. Lunar glass tends to be small, measuring less than 1 mm (0.04 inches), but Apollo astronauts did manage to spot some beads as large as these. The two globules in Von Kármán Crater are estimated to be between 0.5 and 1 inches (1.5 cm-2.5 cm) in diameter, hence their description as being “macroscopic” in size.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 9:31 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if the Chinese rover on the far side of the moon was able to photograph the crash of the Chinese rocket booster tomorrow afternoon?. I suspect the chance is slim-to-none, though, both because the distances involved are pretty vast (what are the chances) and there's no atmosphere to set the thing on fire as it comes down.  It'll probably be silent, invisible, and months before we find any evidence.
Quote :
China’s Chang’e 4 lander, which landed on the far side of the moon in 2019, is too far away to witness the spectacle.
Sigh.

By the way, I didn't intend to be snarky.  They really do look like pearls to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

China and the moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and the moon   China and the moon Empty

Back to top Go down

China and the moon
Page 1 of 1