Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Curved TVs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curved TVs   Curved TVs - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 7:00 pm

The new TV has an entire menu of "Samsung TV Plus," about eighty stations that come in via the internet connection instead of Comcast cable. They're all very high definition, like maybe 8K?

There's sports and entertainment and kids and nature and movies and horror and comedy and sci-fi and music and international and several others, each with a half dozen to a couple dozen individual stations. They all have advertising (which is why they're free), and they're all AWFUL.

I've poked around a bit -- some of the heinously-bad King Kong movies have really over-the-top special effects, which look especially ludicrous in 8K -- and tonight I looked into "comedy" and found one station devoted to TED talks.

Yeah, so this isn't pay-per-view. You tune to the channel, and they're playing what they're playing. The TED channel was playing a show about flags. Some radio host was reproducing his radio show, on stage, in front of an audience, and talking about flag design.

Two minutes, I was falling asleep.

I don't think I have EVER seen a TED talk which was anywhere above stupid. I've seen several that were so bad they were laugh-out-loud funny (and not in a good way), and the very best of them were merely a total waste of time. Why is it that TED talks have persisted, and gotten famous? There have been a great many TV science series which were great (mostly BBC) so why is this bone-stupid programming still happening?

Has our collective IQ really come down that much?

Is the lead content in our drinking water above the reported levels?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Curved TVs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curved TVs   Curved TVs - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 10:01 am

Salesman at the TV place said to hold onto the original box in case the TV went kerflooey but this weekend we cut up the box and returned the old curved TV to the store for recycling. We're committed, and happy.
Back to top Go down

Curved TVs
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Science & Tech-
Jump to: