HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Wisdom of Willie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

The Wisdom of Willie Empty
PostSubject: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:07 pm

"Get out and vote. If it's the day to go vote, make sure you go vote before you burn one down. Don't get high and forget to vote."

Willie Nelson
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:41 pm

A real patriot.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 am

We had an entrenched Republican, a fake Democrat who swore he wasn't no stinkin liberal and a KKK man on the ballot.
I'd have to be brain dead to believe my vote meant jack shit. I wish people would stop preaching that lie.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 3:50 pm

You're right, Jenni. Sometimes one's vote doesn't mean shit. When there's no one there you want to see in office, voting is a waste of time for you. And far too often, that's the case.

For many years, the Congressional district in which I live was so heavily favored for Republicans that the Democrats didn't even run a candidate for the House.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:13 am

Jenni wrote:
We had an entrenched Republican, a fake Democrat who swore he wasn't no stinkin liberal and a KKK man on the ballot.
I'd have to be brain dead to believe my vote meant jack shit. I wish people would stop preaching that lie.
Actually your vote still counted, exactly as much as it should, living in the heart of KKK country. You are a tiny tiny minority down there, too small to even float an alternative.

You can still vote on national issues though.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:52 am

I feel left behind.
Even the people who claim to be for my people aren't really. They don't get it.
There is no one I feel really represents the working poor. Not even Warren, though she comes damn close. As close as anyone on the national stage can.

I'm in a lot of pain right now. My doc doesn't seem to want to hear me and I have no clue what to do.
If I feel up to it, I'm headed down to the courthouse where a bunch of my gay friends are prepared to start marrying people if the ruling comes down.
We are a minority down here. I admit that in a heartbeat. But our rights should not be governed by how much of a show we can muster.
It's wrong. It's wrong that people settle for that. It's what our government tried to protect us from, it's why we aren't a pure democracy but a Republic. Mob should not rule.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:18 pm

You're living in Mississippi Jenni, for Christ sake.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Jenni should not be punished by politicians for living in Mississippi.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 5:41 pm

_Howard wrote:
Jenni should not be punished by politicians for living in Mississippi.
Exactly.
And another damn thing...
We who are stuck down here are not alone. First off there's a lot of us. The poors that happen to be uneducated enough to be Republican don't deserve this either and there's a lot of us poors in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. But we go further than that, the Appalachians, the midwest- Kansas comes to mind. I mean they are doing this shit everywhere and even if your state didn't opt out of Obamacare you still missed out on other things the Democratic control should have brought us. We are basically writing off all the country except the coasts if we think your way, NoCo.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 6:58 pm

No, I think we're writing off the coasts too.

Democracy doesn't work anymore. It's been co-opted by the War of Terror and the War of Drugs. We're just consumers now, not voters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wisdom of Willie   The Wisdom of Willie Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wisdom of Willie
Page 1 of 1