HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How scientifically literate are you?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

How scientifically literate are you? Empty
PostSubject: How scientifically literate are you?   How scientifically literate are you? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Shoot, I thought I was pretty scientifically literate, but I only scored 36 out of 50.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/1209/Are-you-scientifically-literate-Take-our-quiz/
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: How scientifically literate are you?   How scientifically literate are you? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Got you by one. 37 out of 50. I was surprised that I did that well.

Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: How scientifically literate are you?   How scientifically literate are you? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm not surprised. I'm incredibly literate in certain areas and incredibly illiterate in others.
What I am somewhat surprised by (mostly because people tend to try to make me think I'm too down on the school system and I of course feel I'm not- that it's justified) is that out of the things I got right none of them were things I learned in school. Astronomy, biology, those were things I did well on and they were all post school interests. My school experience did not include fantastic science education.
Not, surprisingly in light of that, the things I got wrong consistently like the physics and math oriented questions were things I had no interest in and therefore didn't learn on my own time.

Neat little quiz! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: How scientifically literate are you?   How scientifically literate are you? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 pm

43, and embarrassed to score so low. But it's the middle of the night and I'm half asleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How scientifically literate are you?   How scientifically literate are you? Empty

Back to top Go down

How scientifically literate are you?
Page 1 of 1