HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! Empty
PostSubject: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 pm

...or maybe a goat.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Goats are awesome too. They just don't have rainbows coming out their asses.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:20 pm

I learned from Dan Savage a couple weeks ago that a "unicorn" is also the term for a straight woman willing to indulge a married couple in their desire to experiment with a third sexual partner.

Hooves ostensibly optional.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:43 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I learned from Dan Savage a couple weeks ago that a "unicorn" is also the term for a straight woman willing to indulge a married couple in their desire to experiment with a third sexual partner.

Hooves ostensibly optional.
You know, he's surprisingly jackassey to us bi's.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:10 am

Yes he is.  And he's taken heat for it over the years.

Although, if you like rainbows....
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:29 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Yes he is.  And he's taken heat for it over the years.

Although, if you like rainbows....
Well, I'm sort of annoyed with it considering the bi-invisibility thing. I mean wtf would gay and straight people like us to do, anyway? Lie? Stop existing? What would Mr. Savage prefer? Not that I give a shit I'm just wondering wtf he thinks our choices are.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 pm

In the past, when addressing the issue, Dan has said that bi-ness is a good thing. It increases your availability, it shows tolerance, it's healthy and wholesome.

But, he points out, in order to enter into a long-term monogamous relationship (unless it's a triad) bis must choose to live as either hetero- or homo-, and so bi-ness is at best a temporary orientation unless you're in an open relationship, no relationship or cheating on your spouse.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:40 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
But, he points out, in order to enter into a long-term monogamous relationship (unless it's a triad) bis must choose to live as either hetero- or homo-, and so bi-ness is at best a temporary orientation unless you're in an open relationship, no relationship or cheating on your spouse.  
Absolute bullshit. And tripe I'm not exactly shocked comes from a privileged white man in a first world country because how egotistical do you have to be to decide what one's life experience requires.
No, that's mythos and fear from a man whose scared of being cheated on.
It's also terrible advice to young bi's and a fear tactic towards the gays and straights and that line of shit totally explains the attitude we get.
I'm shocked he so easily confuses orientation and who the person is with who they date. He ought to know better. Now that I see such a major error there I'll bet he's not very friendly to the trans community either. They are open reminders of what bullshit his thoughts are and so I'll bet he's hostile to them, openly. What an ass.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 am

I can't get over that.
That's just weird.
What does he think our sexual feelings turn off when we get into a relationship? We turn gay or straight when the ring gets put on?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:16 am

In many ways Dan is very traditional. He believes in matrimony, he believes in monogamy, he believes in fidelity.

Under those guidelines, a bi has to live a lie or not be paired up.

Of course Dan also says people should strive to be "monogamish" not totally monogamous -- the occasional extra-marital fling should be tolerated, like it is in France (and most civilized nations). So maybe he should be kinder to bis. Feel free to write to him, he gets lots of hate mail from bis.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Whoa, Jenni. You're acting surprised that a gay person can't be just as prejudiced as a straight person. There's no reason to believe that is there? People are people: straight, gay, bi, trans, or asexual.

I've seen Savage on a bunch talk shows and have always liked him. But I have never heard him mentions bis, so I really have no knowledge of this particular problem.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 pm

He gets slagged in his own hometown newspaper -- WHERE HE IS THE EDITOR.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm

_Howard wrote:
Whoa, Jenni. You're acting surprised that a gay person can't be just as prejudiced as a straight person. There's no reason to believe that is there? People are people: straight, gay, bi, trans, or asexual.
Yes, I know and yes, I am still shocked by it. I make serious mistakes thinking certain people are more evolved than they actually are.

Makes me wonder if he's a Republican.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Jenni wrote:
Makes me wonder if he's a Republican.
I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!   Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn! Empty

Back to top Go down

Be Awesome, Be a Unicorn!
Page 1 of 1