HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The History of Jazz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

The History of Jazz Empty
PostSubject: The History of Jazz   The History of Jazz EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 2:54 pm

The period between the World Wars—100 years ago—was a period of immense change in popular music. The introduction of recording technology, the democratization of music instruments, the effect of radio in coast-to-coast broadcasts.... whatever the reason, this was a fertile period.

This morning I pulled out a CD of Raymond Scoot's music (early 1940s) and idly wondered what else the Beau Hunks Sextette had recorded. Turns out they did a wonderful set of music from the "Little Rascals" movies, which were, what, late '20s/early '30s? Incidentally the same set was also released as "music of Laurel and Hardy."  Go figger.

I enjoyed the 1920s swing sound so much I wanted to hear more.  I had a vague memory of doing a compilation of MP3s which was several hours on one CD-R, but couldn't remember where it was filed.  Big Band? Nope.  Swing?  Nope.

Looked on YouTube, where the source audio came from, and immediately saw the "Jazz of the 1920s and 1930s" cover, which was my starting point. Yep, filed under J.

Some serious m7sicianship, some serious compositional skills, some seriously entertaining music in this beast.

Nobody's ever gonna appreciate my music collection like I do.
Back to top Go down

The History of Jazz
Page 1 of 1