HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"He thinks higher education destroys people"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

"He thinks higher education destroys people" Empty
PostSubject: "He thinks higher education destroys people"   "He thinks higher education destroys people" EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 am

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: "He thinks higher education destroys people"   "He thinks higher education destroys people" EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:03 pm

I certainly sympathize with the author. Watching anyone close to you being swayed by the Fox bullshit machine, the Republican Party, or religion is sad, indeed.

But this line pisses me off:
Quote :
I do not want to watch my father and his entire generation spend their remaining years enraged at utter nonsense.

I am two years older than his father and I am his political antithesis. I am sick and tired of my age group being referred to as a monolithic bloc of Fox victims. It don't give a damn what the average age of Fox viewers is, that is not a valid statistical evaluation of the people in my age group.

I am probably much more liberal than the author and, in fact, more liberal than most in his generation. I was never a Republican or a libertarian, as he was, if that means anything.

What the author doesn't want to admit, even to himself, is that his father - besides being old - is not an intelligent man. He is among the tens of millions of Americans, of all ages, who are looking for someone to blame for all his problems - both real and imagined. Fox is the only station that spends its time giving these people not just someone to blame, but someone to be afraid of. That is their function on the political right. Anyone who cannot see that, who cannot perceive all of the lies spewed from the Fox noise machine, are just not very bright people.

So get off my old, white wrinkled ass, and the old wrinkled asses of the millions of ancient liberals and admit that some old people, like some young people, are just plain stupid.

<end rant>
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: "He thinks higher education destroys people"   "He thinks higher education destroys people" EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:06 pm

_Howard wrote:
just plain stupid.
Or, as I tried to point out in the title, uneducated.

There's a diff.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: "He thinks higher education destroys people"   "He thinks higher education destroys people" EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:12 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
There's a diff.
And both are applicable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "He thinks higher education destroys people"   "He thinks higher education destroys people" Empty

Back to top Go down

"He thinks higher education destroys people"
Page 1 of 1