HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Empty
PostSubject: Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time   Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:06 pm

Odd, this book.  I thought for sure I'd already read it, but I didn't have a copy on my bookshelf and could find no review of it by me on UD, and when I bought a copy from Amazon it wasn't familiar.  

I guess I haven't read it.  Must've just looked at it a couple of dozen times in various bookstores over the twenty years since it's been published.

It's a detective mystery written in first person from the perspective of a 15-year old autistic boy.  Since I have watched shows or read books about autism a lot lately, this book is finding itself in good company.  The writing is deceptively simple, but maybe that fits the character's narrative style.

The author himself is not autistic, and claims he didn't do any research on autism before writing the book, but it sounds wholly accurate so far.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time   Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time EmptyThu May 09, 2024 11:30 am

The reviews were correct. Though deceptively simple, the book is filled with good solid hard science, advanced maths (which you don't really need to follow) and complex human behavior which is opaque to neurotypicals as well.

Enjoying hugely.
Back to top Go down

Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Page 1 of 1