Predictions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Predictions   Predictions EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 7:53 am

I don't expect the Senate to remove Trump, though I have no doubt the House will vote articles of impeachment.  I just think that no matter how strong a case the Dems lay out, the parties are too at-odds to agree on removal.  The GOP will resist it on principle.

This will hurt them in 2020 of course, and they'll lose the Senate.  Trump will also lose, if he chooses to run.  I can see him, however, deciding not to run and just taking his campaign money and disappearing back into the woodwork.

My fervent hope -- the one thing that keeps me going -- is that in about a year we'll get back to "normal" and the news cycles won't be dominated by government anymore.  It'd be nice to have other headlines for a change.  The Trump scandal-a-day era has been exhausting.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions   Predictions EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 3:38 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I don't expect the Senate to remove Trump, though I have no doubt the House will vote articles of impeachment.  I just think that no matter how strong a case the Dems lay out, the parties are too at-odds to agree on removal.  The GOP will resist it on principle.

This will hurt them in 2020 of course, and they'll lose the Senate.  Trump will also lose, if he chooses to run.  I can see him, however, deciding not to run and just taking his campaign money and disappearing back into the woodwork.

My fervent hope -- the one thing that keeps me going -- is that in about a year we'll get back to "normal" and the news cycles won't be dominated by government anymore.  It'd be nice to have other headlines for a change.  The Trump scandal-a-day era has been exhausting.
I agree except for the Trump losing part. Looking at down here, I think he has a real serious chance of winning and I do not in any way look forward to that.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions   Predictions EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 7:56 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I don't expect the Senate to remove Trump

Unless it's a secret ballot?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions   Predictions EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 9:05 pm

I have another idea. How about if the Republicans simply resolve to throw DJT out of the GOP -- then they don't have to defend him anymore?
Wikipedia wrote:
Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.[3]
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions   Predictions EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 8:48 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
I have another idea.  How about if the Republicans simply resolve to throw DJT out of the GOP -- then they don't have to defend him anymore?
Wikipedia wrote:
Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.[3]
But do they have the balls? They'd have to lose all those populist votes which are their bread and butter, if you ask me. But I mean, still the best option- but only to those of us with scruples.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions   Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Predictions
Page 1 of 1