No Beast So Fierce

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

No Beast So Fierce Empty
PostSubject: No Beast So Fierce   No Beast So Fierce EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 1:01 pm

No Beast So Fierce 91dRLv-biWL

Okay, this book is not outstanding literature. It is, however, an intriguing true story of a single tiger that killed - and consumed - an estimated 436 people. The descriptions of the adventures in Nepal and India at the turn of the twentieth century really held my attention. Envisioning a five-hundred-pound tiger attacking at forty miles per hour, emitting a roar that can be heard for miles, is spine-tingling.

The story takes place in the midst of political, cultural, and environmental upheavals that undoubtedly contributed to the tiger's actions and may leave one feeling empathy for the big cat. And the reduction in the population of the Bengal tiger from about one hundred thousand to maybe three or four thousand is saddening.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

No Beast So Fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Beast So Fierce   No Beast So Fierce EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:14 pm

I read Maneaters Of Kumaon by Jim Corbett many years ago (I think I was a teenager). Indeed, fascinating stories. I'll check this one out.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

No Beast So Fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Beast So Fierce   No Beast So Fierce EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 am

Jim Corbett was the man who killed the tiger this book is about.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Beast So Fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Beast So Fierce   No Beast So Fierce Empty

Back to top Go down

No Beast So Fierce
Page 1 of 1