HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It Is The Blues, Afterall, Part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

It Is The Blues, Afterall, Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: It Is The Blues, Afterall, Part 2   It Is The Blues, Afterall, Part 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm

I just discovered (a few years late again...) another major blues talent I had somehow missed.

Melody has blues bona fides as well.  At 18 while bicycling she was struck by a SUV that ran a red light, sustaining head, spinal and pelvic injuries which left her hospitalized for a year.  She had to re-learn how to talk and walk, and her therapist thought music therapy might aid in her recovery.  She taught herself guitar while laying on her back in a hospital bed, and made up songs she sung into a tape recorder.  Although reluctant at first to let the public hear her very private songs, she was encouraged to send some in to a Philadelphia radio station... and the rest is history.

She still walks with a cane and wears dark glasses, but she's recorded four albums.  She's huge in France.  She's been on Letterman and a few other places, and has a bunch of YouTube videos but doesn't seem to have caught on much in the US yet.  I heard her on Pandora.
Back to top Go down

It Is The Blues, Afterall, Part 2
Page 1 of 1