HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Worst Session in History

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

The Worst Session in History  Empty
PostSubject: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 8:55 am

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gop-one-party-rule-ends_us_5c1bf632e4b08aaf7a86858b

What do Republicans choose to do on their last night in power?  Debate cheese (I wish I was making this up.)
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shutdown-cheese_us_5c1e1dd9e4b08aaf7a892887

Lindsay Graham wrote:
When you make a promise to the American people, you should keep it,” Graham said. “The one thing I like about President Trump ― he’s trying his best to keep his promise. He promised to build a wall, and he’s going to fight hard to keep that promise.
Except -- oops Lindsay! -- he promised Mexico would pay for it, not the American taxpayers.  Oopsie doopsie!
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lindsey-graham-shutdown_us_5c1dedcfe4b05c88b6f8efb3
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Will the adults in the room be able to reopen the government?. I think if the GOP succeeds in blocking this it'll be the end of them as a governing party.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 6:22 am

I do not understand why more effort / publicity / press isn't being given to throwing Mitch McConnell out of office in 2020.  The fate of the Republic depends on it.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 12:31 pm

FINALLY starting to get some organized resistance to The Grim Reaper.
Robert Reich wrote:
Dear fellow MoveOn member,

Last week, I got an email from my friends at MoveOn about a problem—and an opportunity.

Polls show that Mitch McConnell is the least popular senator in the country, with an approval rating in the low 30s. More than 60% of Kentucky voters say "it's time for someone new," and multiple strong Democratic candidates are looking to get into the race.1

Clearly, this is an opportunity that we simply can't afford to pass up. But McConnell is up for re-election at the same time as Donald Trump, and Kentucky isn't going to be one of the key swing states that MoveOn and other progressive groups planned to focus on during the 2020 election.

So MoveOn asked me if I thought we could raise enough money to fund a whole additional campaign to take on McConnell, while ALSO fully funding MoveOn's plan to beat Trump in presidential battleground states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Florida.

Without hesitation, I told them, "Let's go for it." And now I'm asking you to help us make it happen. Will you chip in $5 a month to help take on McConnell AND Trump at the same time?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Lt.Col. Amy McGrath just raised more money in the first 24 hours of her campaign against Mitch McConnell than any Senate campaign in history.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Go, Amy! Kick his old, wrinkled white ass!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 11:00 am

Mitch McConnell is apparently in bed with the Russians in order to aid his home state Kentucky. This is pretty scary stuff.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/mcconnell-at-nexus-of-increased-russian-leverage-on-u-s-66129477985?cid=eml_mra_20190815
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Robert Reich wrote:
Dear fellow MoveOn member,

I have something I want to shout from the rooftops. So I asked MoveOn if I could send you this email.

Stay with me for a moment, because I need to explain. And I cannot overstate the urgency.

Think for a second about how you'll feel when you first learn on November 3, 2020, that a Democrat has just defeated Donald Trump for president. (Not an easy feat with Donald Trump's massive war chest and his willingness to do absolutely whatever it takes to win.) But ... we pull it off! Imagine the wave of emotion you'll feel.

But wait, the GOP has held onto the Senate, and Mitch McConnell is still the Senate majority leader. McConnell announces that he will refuse to allow a Democratic president to fill any vacancies on the Supreme Court. He will hold no confirmation votes of any kind unless the nominees are Republican, let alone allow debate or votes on Medicare for All, universal pre-K, a wealth tax, student loan forgiveness, or the Green New Deal.

You begin to see the writing on the wall: McConnell will not allow the Democratic president to govern at all.

I have been ruminating about this scenario for months, because defeating Trump and ending GOP control of the Senate has looked incredibly daunting. There just aren't many seats that are even competitive. But now, the ground has shifted.

Republican Senator Johnny Isakson of Georgia just announced that he's retiring from the Senate, meaning both Senate seats in Georgia are now up for grabs. And this one extra seat—in a state that is trending blue—could be the tipping point that allows Democrats to win enough seats to end GOP control of the Senate.1

But we have to get started right now. And that's where MoveOn comes in.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 7:58 pm

David Bernstein wrote:
Barring something unexpected, this Tuesday will mark two months since the U.S. Senate held a roll call vote on passage of any type of legislation. That was a joint resolution to nullify President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the Mexican border (which Trump later vetoed).

It’s been three months, as of Sunday, since the Senate last took yeas and nays on a genuine, full-fledged bill…. The United States Senate, that great deliberative body, has effectively ceased legislating this year. It has shut down. Closed for business until 2021.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) complained over the summer that McConnell had “effectively turned the United States Senate into a very expensive lunch club that occasionally votes on a judge or two.”
MSNBC wrote:
And this morning, according to a Congressional Quarterly transcript, McConnell stood on the floor of the Senate and condemned a productive House Democratic majority for taking “a one-year vacation.”

Mitch McConnell wrote:
“Look, I think it’s pretty clear our Democratic colleagues do not have a great affinity for President Trump, but the country cannot afford for Democrats in Congress to take a one-year vacation from any productive legislation just because they’d rather obsess over impeachment.”

So far this year, the House Democratic majority has passed its democracy-reform package (H.R. 1), the Equality Act to expand civil rights to LGBTQ Americans (H.R. 5), the Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6), the Paycheck Fairness Act to address pay disparities between men and women (H.R. 7), a bill to expand background checks on gun purchases (H.R. 8 ), and a bill to address the climate crisis (H.R. 9).

House Dems have also passed bills to lower prescription drug costs, expand the Violence Against Women Act, and expand the Dream Act for young immigrants.

And then there’s McConnell’s GOP-led Senate.

There’s hypocrisy and then there’s you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Democrats only have to flip four seats to gain control of the Senate.
Quote :
In all, 17 GOP House members and four senators are forgoing reelection next year without declaring their candidacy for another office, while just five Democrats in the House and one in the Senate are retiring outright.
Quote :
It’s bad enough for House Republicans that eight of their members have already decided to call it quits after next year; that six have announced their retirement in the past two weeks alone; and that those fleeing Congress include two of the party’s 13 women lawmakers, its chief of candidate recruitment, and the GOP’s sole African American representative in the House, Will Hurd of Texas.

What’s even worse for the party’s diminished ranks, however, is that this modest wave of departures may only be a harbinger of a broader exodus.
https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S._Congress_incumbents_who_are_not_running_for_re-election_in_2020
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:05 pm

I do hope Moscow Mitch is exposed during his re-election campaign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Session in History    The Worst Session in History  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst Session in History
Page 1 of 1