HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Trend in Model Cars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

New Trend in Model Cars Empty
PostSubject: New Trend in Model Cars   New Trend in Model Cars EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 4:52 pm

I've noticed that more and more models are being offered with 'realistic finishes' or 'less-than-perfect' paintjobs.

There's the Bullitt 1968 Unrestored Mustang:
New Trend in Model Cars 18306nx_hero

There's the Sanford & Son 1952 Ford rusty truck:
New Trend in Model Cars 17044nx_hero

There's the Godfather "whacked" Lincoln with bullet holes, broken windshield & headlamp:
New Trend in Model Cars 86511-GL-The-Godfather-1941-Lincoln-Continental-Bullet-Damaged-143-1-det

There's the "muddy version" Army Jeep:
New Trend in Model Cars 77404A-AD-ARMY-Jeep-US-Dirty-118-1-det

There's alsp a muddy Ford pickup (which looks more like a 'stuck-in-the-swamp' version to me):
New Trend in Model Cars 41aD13wq8eL
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: New Trend in Model Cars   New Trend in Model Cars EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm

On some of the car restoration shows on Velocity they build what are called "rat rods" where they take a junkyard junker, beat-to-shit, and put all new running gear in it.  They leave the body and the interior trashed.  Apparently that's a thing now.

I dunno, maybe there's a thrill to coming up to a red light in what appears to be a POS car, and then beating the other cars off the line.

Myself, I'd rather have working heat.

There's also a trend with flat black paintjobs.  Darkened windows.  Shaded out lights.  Apparently the owners hope to be mistaken for a stealth bomber, maybe even evade radar.  Doubt it works.

So anyway, with all this retro Mad Max stuff going on I'm wondering how long until some auto manufacturer offers a brand new car with painted-on rust spots, mud splatters and bullet holes?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: New Trend in Model Cars   New Trend in Model Cars EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 pm

NoCo wrote:
Apparently that's a thing now.

That was "a thing" in the fifties (but they called them hot rods). Making tv shows about them is the only new thing.

NoCo wrote:
]Myself, I'd rather have working heat.
We all know that you are not a "car guy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trend in Model Cars   New Trend in Model Cars Empty

Back to top Go down

New Trend in Model Cars
Page 1 of 1