HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make America Great Again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Make America Great Again Empty
PostSubject: Make America Great Again   Make America Great Again EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 pm

I just realized what Donald Trump's slogan means.
Quote :
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us we had it made
Those were the days.

Didn't need no welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
gee our old LaSalle ran great
Those were the days

And you knew who you were then
Girls were girls and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again
Wikipedia wrote:
As president from 1929 to 1933, [Herbert Hoover's] ambitious programs were overwhelmed by the Great Depression, which seemed to get worse every year despite the increasingly large-scale interventions he made in the economy. He was defeated in a landslide in 1932 by Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt, and spent the rest of his life as a conservative denouncing big government, liberalism and federal intervention in economic affairs, as Democrats repeatedly used his Depression record to attack conservatism and justify more regulation of the economy.

When the Wall Street Crash of 1929 struck less than eight months after he took office, Hoover tried to combat the ensuing Great Depression in the United States with large-scale government public works projects such as the Hoover Dam, and calls on industry to keep wages high. He reluctantly approved the Smoot–Hawley Tariff of 1930, which sent foreign trade spiralling down. He believed it was essential to balance the budget despite falling tax revenue, so he raised the tax rates. The economy kept falling, and the unemployment rate rose to 25%, with heavy industry, mining, and wheat and cotton farming hit especially hard. This downward spiral, plus his support for prohibition policies that had lost favor, set the stage for Hoover's overwhelming defeat in 1932 by Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt, who promised a New Deal. Most historians agree that Hoover's defeat in the 1932 election was caused primarily by the downward economic spiral, although his strong support for prohibition was also significant.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Make America Great Again   Make America Great Again EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 am

Somebody on one of the TV news shows last night -- I think it might have been Pete Buttigieg on MSNBC -- said "I don't subscribe to the idea that in order to 'make America great again' we have to go backwards."

I think that's a great slogan for 2020.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Make America Great Again   Make America Great Again EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make America Great Again   Make America Great Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Make America Great Again
Page 1 of 1