HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News Empty
PostSubject: Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News   Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 8:39 am

Quote :
It’s a tactic that right-wing hosts like Sean Hannity and Alex Jones have perfected, building myths using unrelated or unreliable information in ways that brought us the birther lie and Benghazi controversy, putting the country on a path to fake news and the Trump presidency.

On Thursday, Maddow reduced the story so thoroughly that it lost any semblance of the larger truth.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rachel-maddow-niger-travel-ban_us_59ea060fe4b05b4f1c3ad52f?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I saw this episode (of course I did) and it seemed a bit flimsy at the time.

But, as I have stated before, this era-of-Trump looks a lot like the era-of-Obama where Fox News was reporting every night on the illegal activities of Obama and Clinton, and the imminent indictments of both for crimes against the country. It's still going on, but now it's MSNBC making up stories about Trump.

Fox, meanwhile, reports none of them. They're all about golf scandals and Harvey Weinstein.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News   Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 11:27 am

Internet meme is "So when four Americans die in Benghazi because Republicans cut funding for embassy security it's Hillary Clinton's fault. But when four Americans die in Niger 'they knew what they signed up for'?".
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News   Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 1:50 pm

I did see that report and wondered about it at the time. There didn't seem to be much meat there.

I have been a fan of Rachel Maddow's since she was sitting in occasionally for Keith Olbermann. But some months ago, she changed her presentation style dramatically. She now often starts the program with a ten- or twelve-minute history lesson, often without giving us a clue as to where she is going. Sometimes it seems like the world's most boring version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. I get so irritated with it that I just walk away or change the channel.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News   Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 3:18 pm

I miss Keith. His bluster was cathartic.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News   Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Yeah. I wish he was back now. What fun it could be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News   Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News Empty

Back to top Go down

Rachel Maddow pulls a Fox News
Page 1 of 1