HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: The Book of Lost Books

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: The Book of Lost Books Empty
PostSubject: Book: The Book of Lost Books   Book: The Book of Lost Books EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Down throughout history many books have been lost — destroyed in fires or floods, burned by frustrated authors, lost by agents, disappeared in the mists of time.  Stuart Kelly attempts to catalog as many of these as he can, with as much information on the missing book as he can gather. Fascinating.  Can’t wait to start it for real.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Book: The Book of Lost Books   Book: The Book of Lost Books EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 10:05 am

I have misplaced a beautifully illustrated copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Do you think he might be able to find it for me?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: The Book of Lost Books   Book: The Book of Lost Books EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm

After six months of struggling with it - halfheartedly - falling asleep with it in my lap dozens of times - I finally admitted defeat tonight. Gave up less than halfway through. Skimming forward is not promising for strong tailwinds ahead.

Dry. Boring. No authors I really care about (I'm not into history or Victorian literature and I certainly don't read Greek or Roman authors). I guess I got a small feel for the huge volume of literature lost to the sands of time. Maybe the particulars don't matter.

Oh, and Kelly says your illustrated copy of Hitchhiker's Guide is with your sister's niece?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book: The Book of Lost Books   Book: The Book of Lost Books Empty

Back to top Go down

Book: The Book of Lost Books
Page 1 of 1