HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

O.J. Simpson Granted Parole

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

O.J. Simpson Granted Parole Empty
PostSubject: O.J. Simpson Granted Parole   O.J. Simpson Granted Parole EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 1:23 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4715036/OJ-Simpson-parole-hearing-determine-release-prison.html

Okay, the crime he was imprisoned for, stealing his own sports memorabilia at gunpoint, probably is only worth 9 years in prison.

But, really? Parole?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: O.J. Simpson Granted Parole   O.J. Simpson Granted Parole EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 11:01 am

Dead at 76 of cancer

Everyone pretty much KNOWS he got away with murder, though his life was never much fun afterward.  I wonder if he left any "to be opened after my death" memos?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: O.J. Simpson Granted Parole   O.J. Simpson Granted Parole EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 am

Coverage on the news last night showed the vastly different reactions to O.J.'s acquittal between white citizens and Black citizens.

Whites were stunned that a clever lawyer had allowed their rich client to get away with murder—literally—on a technicality.

Blacks were jubilant that somebody was "sticking it to the man."  I guess? I mean, I don't imagine they were any less horrified at the crime than anyone else. But the whole trial took on an ugly racial tone which was unwarranted.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: O.J. Simpson Granted Parole   O.J. Simpson Granted Parole EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 4:16 pm

As best I recall, the LA cops had a pretty poor record for planting evidence when they wanted to convict someone (especially black someones). So when there were some questions raised about chain of custody for some of the evidence, a lot of black people were not at all convinced that the police were telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: O.J. Simpson Granted Parole   O.J. Simpson Granted Parole EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Good article.
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/oj-simpson-racial-divide-lapd-rcna147569
Quote :
We had never seen anything like the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman that led to O.J. Simpson being tried the next year. Likewise, we had never witnessed anything that resembled the contrasts of jubilation and anger that erupted (almost exclusively along racial lines) when the Los Angeles jury quickly returned “not guilty” verdicts in October 1995. For many Black Americans, there was a confusion born out of irony: How could white people pay such close attention to this trial, but on the issue of racial dynamics, completely miss the bus? Even now, there are many who remain puzzled that O.J. Simpson was acquitted. The answer is as straightforward as it is unpleasant: White supremacy led to O.J.’s acquittal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O.J. Simpson Granted Parole   O.J. Simpson Granted Parole Empty

Back to top Go down

O.J. Simpson Granted Parole
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Government & Finance-
Jump to: